Wednesday, July 15, 2009

..forty three...

7/9/09

So yesterday my best friend sent me a package and I am excited about getting it! many interns have been receiving packages all summer, so I think she wanted to send me some goodies too! lol God has given me such an amazing best friend! All of my support this summer has been amazing - thank you! I meant to share with you that some of the girl interns yesterday went shopping after work at one of the stations that has a H&M store! it is a very nice store and they are having a huge sale right now! I got to buy "teacher pants" and am so excited about being able to wear them! I can not wait to finish college and get a job and start teaching and coaching :D So today was a distribution day and now we have started to go back over the houses and apartments we already reached. Now we are distributing the Gospel of John since before we were doing the free DVD Hope tract for them to send in and get a story on DVD of the Gospel. We finished faster than we had expected to since the Johns are thicker and we can only carry less as we distribute. We talked about a better plan and for next time we will all carry a bigger number of packets of Gospel of Johns. So since we had a large amount of time between when we finished and free 5me time, we walked around our station and found a new restaurant to eat at! The 2 high school interns and I sat down together and enjoyed a delish lunch in an American type of restaurant! it was a hamburger patty with "special" japanese sauce and fish :) there were more sides, but that is normal rice and salad :) It was nice to be able to sit in there for a good period of time and talk to the girls and get to know them a little better. Tori and Jordan are my 2 high school interns and then are the youngest of the interns. They are presh and I was able to talk to them about the whole internship and what God was doing in their lives. I can tell this is going to be a great learning experience for them! After lunch we still had a good hour or so till 5me, so we met with the other teammates Rachel and Brian and went to mcDonalds. We sat together and read some of our Bibles in order to prepare our hearts for what god was going to do today during 5me! I saw a man reading the book "5 people you meet in heaven" and was very curious as to which this man was a Christian. I asked the girls what the book was about since they had read it and learned that the book is about a man that when he got to heaven there were 5 people waiting to meet him. these 5 people were not his close family or friends in life but they were random people he met throughout his life. These men had been impacted by the one man they were waiting to meet. So it seems to be such a great book and I would like to read it sometime this semester. Anyway... so I decided to go talk to the man. Well definitely not what Satan wanted and he immediately shared with me that he was not a Christian and was only reading the book because it was interesting. So I sat still for a bit still in McDonalds... a cute Japanese girl sat down beside me and by this time Katrina had joined me. This girl was studying for her coming exams and eventually we started talking to her! Come to find out she is a PT major and I got sooo excited! i went into college as a PT major and my best friend is also a PT major! it was crazy how I went to talk to the man reading the book about heaven, but Christ brought me a sweet lady who is interested in meeting with me sometime soon for dinner! So after this conversation, we returned to 5me and spoke to about 30 people as a team! God has been blessing us so much lately!! i went to starbucks to get Katrina in order for us to go back to our apartment and she had met with the sweetest girl ever! we sat down and talked to her before going to dinner. She took us along with Justin, another intern to a ramen restaurant and we had great conversations! :) She actually goes to ICU... International Christian University! God really has something in store for this contact and we are excited about her!!! :) Tomorrow I am meeting with one of my friends that I met before coming this summer... she is a contact passed on to me from a friend i go to WBU with!

PR's:
-Meeting with old contact tomorrow night
-My 2 high school interns and their summers here listening to God
-the man reading the book about heaven, that God will really speak to him through that book and he will want to know more about it!
-the presh girl I met a McDonalds, the PT major, that she does well on her tests and can meet soon for dinner and more talk about the bible
-The starbucks contacts we met today and had dinner with! she is such a person of peace!!!

Thank you so much for reading these and praying for the specific prayer requests. this nation is HIS nation!!!

haley

No comments:

Post a Comment