Wednesday, July 15, 2009

40 + 5 = 45!

7/11/09

Today is Saturday and we have been invited to attend a Saturday class on our university with our 2 Christian faculty members and their classes! Today was such a blessing when we got to the class and we were able to help the students. Those that came wanted to practice more english with english speaking people in order to get more practice before their exam. Their exams are in the next two weeks and for their english exam they have to summarize a movie they watched in english! So today I sat down with 3 students and was able to get to know them a little bit and help them! For those of you who don't know, my minor is in english and I love teaching! I realize I haven't completed my courses and hours, but just to get a before hand look at what it is going to look like really excites me! I can't wait to be directly connected with students and able to teach them and share with them the love of Christ through my teachings! PLUS I get to coach and what more can a girl with a passion for sports ask for! WHOOP! :) So class only was an hour and it went by pretty fast. Afterward we enjoyed lunch we met with my teammate rachel's contacts and had lunch together with her friends in an empty classroom. It was nice to be able to sit in their environment and connect with them! After lunch and hanging out with our Japanese friends for 2 hours we headed over to our station to do 5me! there were so many politicians here today and it was very busy. Right now elections are going on in Tokyo, so their are so many campaigns going on!!! Hopefully that will end soon though! :D So since it was so busy today, we sort of got run out of our station during 5me. Our team was able to speak to 7 people today and actually 5 of those conversations we were able to share the Gospel in!!! our Father is amazing :) I started a new book today called Redeeming Love. A friend of mine from Germany and now at WBU actually referred it to me a year ago, but because I am such a book worm I have been engaged in other books! So finally this summer I have picked this one up and am reading it! i highly recommend it to EVERYONE! it is not just a girl book at all! It is a must read! :) I went running when we got home today and it felt nice! Volleyball season is coming up sooner than I know it!

PR:
-classroom opportunity today
-praise for the christian faculty members
-contacts at seikei and closing up the school semester
-exams are coming up these next two weeks, very stressful time
-elections in tokyo
-our team...rachel brian tori jordan and i
-upcoming semester at WBU and volleyball season!

Thank you :)

haley Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment